Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I thought I'd try my hand at writing again but there's a problem. It's an annoying little sound that won't go away. This is driving me crazy! Each tap of fingers on keys is accompanied by this quietly haunting melody. Is it my keyboard? Pokes at a couple keys with the tip of his index finger. Perhaps it needs to be oiled. Do keyboards ever need oiling? I've never heard of such a thing but then, this is me and weird things happen to me. Naaah, can't be that. Maybe there's something stuck between the keys? Picks up the keyboard, turns it upside down and tries to shake the crap out of it. Ok, maybe one or two keys but not all of them! Puts the keyboard down just a wee bit harder than necessary. What is that infernal little noise?! Oh wait. I think I figured it out. It's not the keys, it's the fingers pressing them. Arthritis? Well, my fingers do ache from time to time. Humph! Arthritis my as...hold everything! I've been away from the keys for quite some time. It...it can't be! Ahhh, but it is. Rust. The sound I hear is the creaking of joints rusted by the lack of use. A good hand massage with WD-40 should do the trick.



I'm glad I got that sorted out, but I seem to have run into another problem. As time passes and you get accustomed to my life, you'll see that nothing is ever uncomplicated. This new wrinkle just happens to be...cobwebs. Taps the side of his skull with a finger. Up here. I'm sitting before this empty composition box with an equally empty brain. Seems the old adage is true. If you don't use it, you lose it. Ohhh Lordy, I'm one lost pup. Ahh well, let's just consider this post an exercise for mind and fingers...an attempt to clear away cobwebs from withered gray matter and reddish brown rust from digit joints. Fpr anyone foolish enough to read this, perhaps it's best I tell you a bit about myself.

I'm cranky but still able to laugh at myself, I believe people in general take themselves far too seriously and have forgotten the value of laughing at oneself, I'm opinionated and set in my ways...which is a nice way of saying stubborn. All too frequently I'm a cynic and I've always had the problem of wearing my heart on my sleeve. I'm often far too much of an open book, sometimes to the chagrin of those around me. Once upon a time I was heavily involved with the world of online role play. Through the cooperative writing with others who invented characters and storylines with me, I became a half decent writer...or so I've been told. We shall all see if I retained any of that ability over my long hiatus from the ol' plastic keys.

What do I hope to accomplish with this blog? Huumm...glad you, I mean, "I" asked. I'd like to get some things off my chest, share my never-to-be-humble opinions with the world, get a few of you to laugh...or at least crack a grin and perhaps, just perhaps, open some eyes and make some folks think.

That's it. Now you know a little about me and why I'm taking up perfectly good cyber space with my idiotic little Rants and Raves. Stay tuned, more will come but it's late and my Tylenol PM is kicking in.

Goodnight Gracie.

No comments: